Trio Leads Stony Brook, Binghamton, Vermont to #AEMLAX Wins, Net Awards
BOSTON – Three America East men's lacrosse teams picked up wins last week with Stony Brook going 2-0 and Binghamton and Vermont each earning victories. The Seawolves are 2-0 for the second-straight year while Vermont is 3-0 for the first time since 2001 and Binghamton's season-opening win was its first since 2014. Here are the week #3 award winners:
Offensive Player of the Week
Alex Corpolongo, Stony Brook - Sr., Midfielder, Purdys, N.Y.
- Tallied nine points on five goals and four assists in two wins last week.
- Had three goals, including the game winner with 40 seconds left, and two assists in a 12-11 win at Sacred Heart Tuesday.
- Had two goals and two assists in a win over St. John's Sunday.
- This is Corpolongo's first career Offensive Player of the Week honor.
Defensive Player of the Week
Tanner Cosens, Binghamton - Sr., Goalkeeper, Endwell, N.Y.
- Stopped 15 of the 23 shots he faced in leading Binghamton to an 11-8 win over Colgate Saturday.
- Recorded a .652 save percentage.
- Also picked up three ground balls.
- This is his first career Defensive Player of the Week honor.
Rookie of the Week
Ben French, Vermont - Fr., Attacker, Toronto, Ont.
- Tallied six points to lead Vermont to a win in its home opener vs. Holy Cross Saturday.
- Scored five goals and added an assist.
- This is his first career Rookie of the Week honor.
Feb. 6 - Offensive Player of the Week: Cam Milligan, Vermont; Defensive Player & Rookie of the Week: Nick Washuta, Vermont
Feb. 13 - Offensive Player of the Week: Sean Tyrrell, UMass Lowell Defensive Player of the Week: None Selected; Rookie of the Week: Jake Brothers, UMBC
Feb. 20 - Offensive Player of the Week: Alex Corpolongo, Stony Brook; Defensive Player of the Week: Tanner Cosens, Binghamton; Rookie of the Week: Ben French, Vermont