Ahearn, Fleming Nab Week #4 Men's #AEHoops Accolades
BOSTON - Binghamton and UMBC each won a pair of games last week to run their season-win totals to six. Last season, the two programs combined to win just seven non-conference games and 15 in total. Here are the week #4 award winners:
Player of the Week
Bobby Ahearn, Binghamton - Jr., Forward, Marshfield, Mass.
- Averaged 19.0 points and 7.0 rebounds while shooting 75 percent (15-of-20) from the field in leading Binghamton to two wins last week.
- Established a new career high and recorded a double-double of 19 points while adding 10 rebounds in a win over Mansfield on Wednesday.
- Matched his career high with 19 points on 8-of-11 shooting a win over St. Francis (Pa.) Saturday.
- Scored 15 of his 19 in the second half vs. St. Francis.
Rookie of the Week
Andrew Fleming, Maine - Fr., Forward, South Paris, Maine
- Averaged 12.0 points and 7.0 rebounds in a pair of games last week.
- Scored a career-high 20 points and added eight rebounds against Central Conn. State Wednesday.
Weekly Award Winners
Nov. 14 - Player of the Week: Joe Cremo, Albany; Rookie of the Week: Anthony Lamb, Vermont
Nov. 21 - Player of the Week: Jairus Lyles, UMBC; Rookie of the Week: Arkel Lamar, UMBC
Nov. 28 - Co-Players of the Week: David Nichols, Albany & Tanner Leissner, New Hampshire; Rookie of the Week: Anthony Lamb, Vermont
Dec. 5 - Player of the Week: Bobby Ahearn, Binghamton; Rookie of the Week: Andrew Fleming, Maine