AE Student-Athletes Continue to Excel in Classroom
BOSTON – Over two-thirds of student-athletes that played America East sponsored fall sports during the 2016-17 academic year achieved a 3.0 grade-point average or better and have been named to the America East Honor Roll, the conference office announced Thursday afternoon. More than half of the 774 honorees earned Commissioner's Honor Roll status for earning a GPA better than 3.5.
Need to Know
- Overall, 775 student-athletes (71%) had a 3.0 or higher.
- Of the 775, 59 percent (456 in total) made the Commissioner’s Honor Roll with a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- The 4567 Commissioner’s Honor Roll honorees is a conference record.
- Hartford had the highest percentage of Honor Roll student-athletes (82%).and Commissioner’s Honor Roll (55%).
- UMass Lowell had the most Honor Roll student-athletes (104).
- Hartford women’s soccer was the only team with 100% of the eligible student-athletes making the Honor Roll.
2016-17 America East Winter/Spring Honor Roll Stats
School % Total
School Honor Roll Awardee Listings
Honor Roll Listings By School
America East is proud to have one of most comprehensive academic awards programs in the country, which honors over two-thirds of its student-athletes for their success in the classroom. Learn more about the conference's academic awards program.
About America East: The America East provides its member schools and their athletic programs a platform upon which student-athletes can achieve both collegiate and life success through the promotion and nurturing of athletic excellence, academic achievement and leadership, on and off the field.